[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
I am usually not that big of a fan of quiches and tarts, but when I brought two beautiful and thick stalks leek home from grocery shopping, I wanted to make something else but soup. Something “to grab”.
Because this tart is quite fat, it is very filling and serves, depending on appetite, 2 or even 4 if you serve it with a salad.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (380° F). Cut the puff pastry to fit in your pan and place it in the pan. Prick the bottom with a fork several times.
- Finely slice the leek, peel the potatoes and finely slice (with a mandoline). Heat the oil in a pan and sauté potatoes and leek in it for about 5 minutes.
- Blend water, cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender for about 1 minute until creamy. Pour over the veggies and bring to boil.
- When the cream has thickened, pour the veggie mix in the tart pan, level and bake for about 30 minutes until golden-brown.
- Remove from the pan, cut into pieces and serve with a salad and a glass of white wine.