[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
A couple of days ago I bought the first hokkaido of the season. It was a super small one, that fit in one hand. Just the right size for three portions roasted pumpkin.
Together with barbecue tofu and rice it is a balanced dish. And it also tastes great.
The salad tastes warm and cold. So it is also perfect to take it to work in your lunchbox.
- 200 g (7 oz) brown rice
- 150 g (5.3 oz) peas - frozen
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small hokkaido - about 1 pound
- 1 pk. smoked tofu
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp herb vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- smoked paprika
- Cook the rice in salty water. Add the frozen peas a couple of minutes before it is done. Preheat the oven to 200° C (390° F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the bell pepper and pumpkin in bite-sized pieces. Cut the tofu in sticks and mix with the barbecue sauce. Place on one half of the baking tray. Mix the pumpkin with one tablespoon of oil and season well with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cumin and lemon juice. Place on the other half of the tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine rice and paprika and add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in three bowls and add the pumpkin and tofu.
- If you like it well-seasoned add a dash or two of soy sauce before eating.