[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
When I was visiting London in December, I got off the plane and had to get food immediately, of course. At Sainsbury’s I found some vegan dishes that were ready to eat. One of them was a quinoa salad.
I liked this salad so much, that I decided to make it at home, too. So I made a photo of the ingredients list and tried to make it a couple of weeks later.
The salad is made with quinoa, carrots, edamame and red bell pepper. The dressing is a spicy mixture of lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and chili sauce. I added a few toasted cashews on top. I buy frozen edamame beans at an Asian supermarket.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup edamame beans, frozen
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 big carrot
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sriracha or other hot chili sauce
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 small piece ginger - as big as a hazelnut
- Rinse the quinoa with hot water then pour in a pot and cook with two cups water and covered with a lid until all liquid is absorbed. Finely dice the bell pepper and cut the carrot into strips.
- Blanche the edamame for three minutes in boiling water, then drain. Toast the cashews in a pan.
- In a blender mix all ingredients for the dressing until smooth. Combine the dressing with the salad ingredients and arrange in two bowls.