[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
On Wednesday I was in Heiligenhaus at a vegan pot luck. It is always so nice to meet new people and your friends to discuss food or other things. Since the pot luck always is on a weeknight and I have to work, I bring something, that is easy to make ahead. In summer this could be a beluga lentils salad, carrot lox on baguette or cupcakes.
This time I decided to make a wintry dessert. You can also use this apple crumble as a dessert for your Christmas dinner. Especially when the first two courses are a little more work, this simple crumble is a great finish.
For the crumble you’ll need apples, some raisins, a bit of rum (flavoring) and cinnamon. You cover that with crumbles made from flour and nuts and bake it in the oven. The smell in your house will be amazing. I served the crumble with vegan whipped cream. Melting cream on warm crumble… Oh my, I am getting hungry again.
Well, life is what’s happening, when you are making plans. Turned out, I had to work late and thus I had no time to make the crumble. So I bought some vegan spreads and brought them as my contribution. But my friends liked the crumble on Saturday, when we met for a Secret Santa night ?
Have fun with the recipe and enjoy your crumble!
- 6 apples - Boskoop
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 hands full raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp rum - alternative a few drops rum flavoring
- 75 g (2.6 oz) vegan butter
- 75 g (2.6 oz) sugar
- 120 g (4.2 oz) flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp almonds or hazelnuts, chopped
- vegan cream - optional
- a few crumbs ground vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F).
- Peel the apples and cut into small pieces. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and place in a baking dish.
- Knead the ingredients for the crumbles until crumbly and pour over the apples. Bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool a bit, then arrange on small plates or in small bowls. Whip the cream and add a big dollop on each serving.