[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
If you are still up for sweets, despite the Christmas festivities, you have to try these chocolate orange cookies! When I tried the first one I thought that maybe I meant it too good with the amount of cocoa powder. But with the second cookie it was clear that I had to share the recipe with you.
The cookies are super chocolaty. So maybe not for everyone. However, if you like the combination of chocolate and orange, these cookies are perfect for you. Also try my chocolate orange cake and if you like it more healthy make my chocolate orange energy balls.
Enjoy your cookies!
- 200 g (7 oz) sugar
- 150 g (5.3 oz) flour
- 60 g (2.1 oz) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- some ground vanilla
- 100 g (3.5 oz) vegan butter in small pieces
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- peel of 1 orange, ground - alternatively a few drops orange flavoring
- Heat the oven to 180° C (360° F) and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and knead the dough with your hands. Form a long rope (with a diameter of 2 inches) and cut off cookies about 0.2 inches thick. Place on the baking trays and bake each for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store them airtight to prevent drying and hardening.