A couple of days ago I wanted a little snack. But not only a slice of bread with tomatoes or something like that, I wanted something fancy. I remembered that I have seen a pin about sweet potato toast on Pinterest.
I had to try it. Since I had a long, thin sweet potato, I didn’t slice it lengthwise, but sliced it in round chips. I toasted one slice in the toaster on medium heat for three times. It started to burn at the edges, but wasn’t even close to done. So I threw in a second slice on low heat. But after the fifth round the slice was dry and not done. So I gave up, heated a little olive oil in a pan and fried the sweet potato slices in it until golden. What can I say? They were done. And juicy ?.
I sprinkled some lemon juice over the potato slices and a bit of salt. Then topped with a classic guacamole and some radish sprouts. This sweet potato bites are also great as an appetizer or a canapé on a buffet.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 hand full radish sprouts - optional
- For the guacamole de-seed the tomato and finely chop, press the garlic. Pour the avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork, combine with the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
- Brush the sweet potato and wash thoroughly. If the skin is too thick, peel it. Then cut into half-inch-sized slices. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the potato slices in it for 2 - 3 minutes, until golden.
- Drizzle some lemon juice over the sweet potato and slighty salt them. Pour a teaspoon of guacamole on each slice and garnish with radish sprouts.