[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
I have always liked Caesar Salad. The dressing and cheese are, however, anything else but vegan. So it’s time for a vegan version!
Since a classic Caesar Salad is just lettuce, chicken and dressing, I decided to make a bowl with a little more substance. Sweet potato brings starch, that keeps you satisfied over a long time and chickpeas add protein.
Another delight is the fried chicken cauliflower. For that I made a coating, tossed the cauliflower in it and baked it in the oven until crispy.
- 50 g (1/3 cup) cashews
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp corn flour - alternative chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp fried chicken seasoning
- 3 - 4 tbsp water
- 3 hands full cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 hands full baby spinach
- 1 small can chickpeas
- For the dressing grind the cashews and chia seeds in the Personal Blender. (Alternatively soak the cashews for 2 hours and make the dressing with an immersion blender.) Add the other ingredients except for the mustard and blend until smooth. Then stir in the mustard and season to taste with lemon juice and salt. Let steep in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (390° F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Combine the ingredients for the fried chicken cauliflower to a mushy paste, season well and toss the cauliflower in it until fully covered, pour on the baking tray and drizzle over some oil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut in thick slices. Pour on the baking tray, drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip the sweet potato slices once after 15 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Arrange the spinach in two bowls and pour over the oven veggies. Add the chickpeas and drizzle over the dressing.