[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
In the morning you need something good to get your motor running. Granola or muesli are wonderful options to integrate complex carbohydrates, protein and many important vitamins in your diet.
The simplest way to have this is oats, fruit and non-dairy milk. But it tastes even better when you crisp it up.
To make this chocolate granola, I used a mix of five different flakes. Those are wheat, barley, oat, rye and rice flakes. If you can’t get a flakes mix, just use oat flakes.
Add some sunflower seeds, nut butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder to the oats and some maple syrup to sweeten the granola.
This granola isn’t only delicious as a breakfast, but also as a topping on nice cream or yoghurt. Or you make a chocolate cherry dessert and sprinkle it on top.
I wish you a delicious start in your day!
- 1 cup cereal flakes
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs chocolate chips
- 2 tbs nut butter - peanut or almond taste great
- 1/3 cup maple sirup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (320° F).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until they stick together. Maybe add one tablespoon water to help that.
- Spread on a lined baking tray and bake on the bottom track of the oven for 10 minutes. Then stir and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and then transfer to an airtight container.