Are you looking for a Christmas menu that is not only cheap, but also quick to prepare and incredibly tasty? Then stay here and check out my menu.
The starter is this very simple and yet super tasty vegetable broth with semolina dumplings that melt in your mouth. Exactly the right thing to satisfy the first hunger and prepare your stomach for the main course.
For menu planning: Start with the dessert and then chop up the ingredients for the main course before you start making the soup. So you don’t break a sweat and the menu doesn’t stretch for several hours.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and lots of fun cooking and feasting.
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 heaped tsp veggie stock paste
- some carrots strips
- parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (golden) flaxseed, ground
- 1 tbsp water
- 20 g (0.7 oz) vegan butter
- 60 g (2.1 oz) semolina
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) water
- ground nugmet
- Stir in the veggie stock paste into the water and bring to a boil. Season with pepper and add a few carrot strips if you like.
- For the dumplings, stir together flaxseed and 1 tbsp water and allow to gel. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the remaining ingredients including the flaxseed and stir well. Sautè for a few minutes until the mixture is firm and shiny.
- Section the dough and shape into small, elongated dumplings. Turn off the stove and add the semolina dumplings to the broth. Do not boil the broth after adding the dumplings or they will fall apart.
- Let the semolina dumplings steep for 10 minutes. Then pour the soup into two bowls and sprinkle with parsley if you like.