Sounds strange? It is: strangely good!
A salad made from things that had to be made into a meal or being trashed. I had four pears in my veggie box this week and four more the week before. I didn’t want them all to eat as a snack, so I turned two of them into a salad.
You can also add cayenne pepper to the dressing. That tastes awesome! But since my mom was eating with me today, I kept the dressing without the cayenne pepper.
Enjoy this salad!
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 pears
- 2 vegan Bratwürste
- some oil for frying
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds - sesame, pumpkin, sunflower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- cayenne pepper - to taste
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and spread on two plates. Quarter the pears, de-seed and cube them. Slice the sausages diagonally.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the sausages in it. In a second pan toast the seeds without oil. Mix all ingredients for the dressing.
- Spread pear and sausages on the lettuce, add the dressing and sprinkle the seeds over. Serve the salad with fresh baguette.