[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
This one I did owe you: The plum crumble cake “in big”, not the cup-sized one. I added some yoghurt to the dough, which makes it super juicy.
Instead of plums you can use a lot of other fruits, too. Also great are apples, cherries, apricots, pears, gooseberries or other berries and else.
I hope you enjoy it!
- 120 g (4.2 oz) flour
- 80 g (2.8 oz) vegan butter
- 80 g (2.8 oz) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch vanilla
- 250 g (8.8 oz) flour
- 150 g (5.3 oz) sugar
- 1/2 pk. baking powder - about 2 tsp
- 1/2 lemon
- 100 g (3.5 oz) soya yoghurt
- 75 g (2.6 oz) vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) fizzy water
- 500 g (17.6 oz) fruit - plums, cherries, apricots, apples, pears, berries or else
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F) and grease a springform pan (ø 26 cm - 10 in).
- Wash, deseed and cut the fruit in bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- For the crumbles knead all ingredients for the crumbles in a bowl until crumbly. Set aside.
- For the batter mix the dry ingredients and the zest of half a lemon with a whisk. Melt the butter and squeeze the lemon. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and briefly mix with the whisk. Don't overmix!
- Pour the batter in the springform pan, add the fruit and then the crumbles. Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes until golden. Let cool in the pan until lukewarm, then cut into pieces and serve.