[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
Today I took the easy way out. The sauce for this creamed mushrooms is from a box. This box:
The Alnatura Shiitake Pâté has such a fine and tangy mushroom taste, that takes the mushrooms to the next level, which cream on it’s own couldn’t do. Just add a glass of water to your mushrooms and stir in the pâté. Season with vegetable stock and with that you got yourself a creamy, tangy sauce.
To enhace the veggie part in this meal I put some rocket beneath the spaghetti, which is a great conrast not only to the eye. Have you tried that yet? Also with a tomato sauce or spaghetti bolognese a handfull of rocket is a great addition.
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g (9 oz) brown mushrooms
- 1 pk. Shiitake Pâté (alnatura or any other brand)
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 160 g (6 oz) whole wheat or spelt spaghetti
- 2 hands full rocket
- Wash the rocket and spin-dry and arrange on two plates.
- Dice the onion and finely slice the mushrooms. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Sautée the onions in hot olive oil until transluscent, then add the mushrooms and sautée for about 2 minutes.
- Add the water to to pan and stir in the pâté and vegetable stock and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Drain the noodles and mix with the sauce. Pour over the rocket and enjoy.