Yesterday, my sisters celebrated their birthday and had a garden party. I brought this Mediterranean potato salad with white beans, grilled vegetables and pesto for the barbecue.
I prepared the vegetables at home in my contact grill. Because with so many hungry mouths there is no place on the grill to prepare the ingredients for the salad.
If you grill in a smaller group, you can also prepare the grilled vegetables while barbecuing and fold them in the potato salad.
Have fun trying and enjoy!
- 750 g (26 oz) small potatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small can white beans
- 2 hands full arugula
- 1 small jar pesto
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 lemon - the juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- vegan feta - to taste
- Cut the potatoes into 0.5 cm (0.2 in) slices and cook.
- For the dressing in a big salad bowl press the garlic and mix with pesto, vinegar and lemon juice. Add a thoroughly amount of salt and pepper to make it strong.
- Drain the white beans and rinse well. Add to the bowl with the dressing and stir. Halve the tomatoes and add to the beans and stir.
- Cut eggplant and zucchini into thin slices and grill. You won't need oil in a contact grill, add some oil if you prepare them on the grill outside. Then cut into strips and add to the salad along with the potatoes.
- Let the salad steep for at least 1 hour and then season with salt and pepper again. Fold in the arugula, sprinkle with vegan feta if you like and serve.