[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
Every now and then I really fancy the country fillets from Vantastic Foods. When prepared properly, they taste like beef, which I used to enjoy as an omnivore. I have already shared a creamy recipe with asparagus and country fillets with you. Today I prepared the country fillets with a hearty, spicy sauce.
Rice would go even better with the fillets than the potato wedges. But I still had so many potatoes at home, that I urgently wanted to reduce the stock somewhat…
Enjoy your meal!
- 60 g (2.1 oz) country fillets - Vantastic Foods
- 3 tbsp oil
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumbnail-sized piece ginger
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 - 3 hands full potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390 °F). Equip a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Fry the dry country fillets in hot oil for a few minutes. Stir every now and then, while making the sauce from water, soy sauce, sugar, starch, minced garlic and finely chopped ginger.
- Pour the sauce over the country fillets and reduce the heat. Put a lid on and braise the fillets for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile quarter the potatoes and mix with oil, salt and smoked paprika powder. Place on the baking sheet and bake in the oven, depending on the size, for 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Dice the peppers and add to the country fillets. Braise for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. You might need to add some water, if it gets too thick.
- Season the country fillets with pepper well, arrange them on two plates together with the potato wedges and enjoy immediately.