The crowning glory of my Christmas menu is this speculoos and strawberry layered dessert. The speculoos give a Christmas touch, while the mousse adds freshness and the strawberry sauce tastes deliciously fruity.
Still have plenty of homemade cookies left over? You can also use these for the dessert.
For your menu planning: Start preparing the dessert. Then prepare everything for the main course before you make the soup.
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegan whipping cream, chilled
- 80 g (1/3 cup) vegan quark
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 pinch of vanilla
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar, optional
- 150 g (1 cup) frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, optional
- 6 - 8 speculoos cookies
- Let the strawberries thaw. Then puree and strain through a fine sieve. If necessary, sweeten with powdered sugar.
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff and then stir in the remaining ingredients. If you're using unsweetened whipping cream, add some powdered sugar.
- Crumble the speculoos cookies.
- Layer the dessert into two jars. Start with the cream, pour the fruit sauce on top and sprinkle with biscuit crumbs. Repeat one more time. Make sure that the cream extends to the edge, otherwise the strawberry sauce will run past it.
- Keep the dessert in the refrigerator and let it steep until serving, or at least an hour.