[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
It is plum season again!!! Oh, how I love those little things and how I missed them! I like them best on cakes, but also sautéed with some cinnamon on rice pudding they are to die for…
You only need a few ingredients to make these little buns and maybe you have them already at home. If you don’t have the time for a yeast dough, you can make a vegan quark oil dough instead.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) flour
- 40 g (1.4 oz) sugar
- 40 g (1.4 oz) vegan butter - melted
- 140 ml (1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp) soy milk - lukewarm
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 100 g (3.5 oz) flour
- 60 g (2.1 oz) sugar
- 60 g (2.1 oz) vegan butter
- 8 fresh prunes
- 100 g (3.5 oz) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- Thoroughly knead all ingredients for the dough until smooth, cover and let rest at a warm place for 1 hour.
- Knead all ingredients for the crumbles, set aside. De-seed the prunes and divide into eights. Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into eights and press each on the baking tray in a round flat shape. Arrange eight pieces of prune onto each piece of dough and sprinkle over the crumbles. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Mix powdered sugar with soy milk and sprinkle it over the lukewarm buns.