[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
Yesterday was Christmas Eve and on Christmas Eve I always have potato salad and wieners, it’s tradition. In 33 years only two years I had something else. The one time, I was still a child, my mom decided to serve filled shell noodles on Christmas Eve. It was really delicious, nevertheless we all agreed: next year we will have potato salad again, because something was missing. The second time was last year, when my sister cooked a vegan meal (she is not vegan) for me and my mom. It was beetroot carpaccio, veggie strudel with root vegetables and apple crumble. That was so great!
This year I was so looking forward to have potato salad. This salad is very simple and with no fancy ingredients. It’s not only great on Christmas Eve, but at a barbecue in summer or for parties.
The wieners I got from VegAmigo.
I hope you like the salad as much as I do. Enjoy!
- 1000 g (2 lbs) potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 4 small pickles
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) strong vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- chives - to taste
- Cook the potatoes in salty water, let cool a little and peel. Cut in slices and pour them into a big bowl.
- Finely chop the onions and pickles and add to the potatoes. Mix vegetable broth, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to a dressing and pour over the warm potatoes. Mix well and let sit at room temperature for at least and hour, better two.
- Season the salad with salt once more before serving and dress with chives, if you like.