[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
The heat is gone and today is a grey day. And I love it. I am an autumn child and I love rainy days walking in the woods and getting blushed cheeks.
When I come home, there is nothing better than a hot soup. I found the first chanterelles at the supermarket and couldn’t resist to get some. So today I’ll have a simple potato soup with fried chanterelles.
To add some color and a boost for the immune system I added some turmeric. Thus you hopefully get through autumn without a cold.
- 500 g (17.6 oz) potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 fist-sized piece celery root
- 1 small stalk leek
- 750 ml (3 cups) veggie stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) soy milk or soy cuisine
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 200 g (7 oz) chanterelles
- 1 tbsp oil
- parsley - to taste
- Roughly chop the veggies and cook in the veggie stock for about 20 minutes until soft. Then purée and add soy milk or soy cuisine and season with turmeric, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chanterelles in it. Pour the soup into bowls or plates. Season the chanterelles with salt and pepper and arrange on the soup. Sprinkle parsley over and enjoy.