When the covid lockdown was in full swing at the beginning of the year and a visit to a restaurant seemed soooo far away, I had cravings for the things that I normally like to order in my favorite restaurants.
This also includes the glass noodle salad with tofu, which is available at Kitti Chai. So I sat down and rummaged through my memory of everything that goes into the salad. The trickiest part was the dressing. But at some point I had put together a mixture that came very close to the original.
And now the recipe before you start drooling. 😉
Enojy your meal!
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
- 100 g (3.5 oz) glass noodles
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp peanuts, toasted
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
- 1 lime for serving - optional
- 200 g (7 oz) plain tofu
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Oil for frying
- 6 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Pour boiling water over the glass noodles and let them steep for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Dice the paprika and cucumber. Julienne the carrot, cut the spring onion into rings and cut the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Dice the tofu, season with salt and pepper and mix with the starch. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tofu until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix all ingredients together for the dressing.
- Spread the iceberg lettuce on two deep plates and pour the noodles over them. Arrange the remaining vegetables and tofu on top of the noodles. Top with a few cilantro leaves, the spring onion and the peanuts as a topping. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with lime wedges if you like.