[Advertising: Affiliate Links]
I had a craving for a bowl. What a bowl is? Basically it is a big bowl with different kind of ingredients prepared in different ways and placed next to each other. Often with a dressing drizzled over. You can make a bowl by the scheme “a grain, a green and a bean” – a grain of choice, (green) vegetables and legumes or like I did just with the ingredients you like or have leftover in the fridge. Also noodles and potatoes are great in a bowl. Your imagination knows no limits.
When you never made a bowl it might seem, as if there is a lot of time and effort needed. Because you prepare the ingredients in different ways. But it is not that complex. For example, I cooked the quinoa and added the broccoli on top in my bamboo steamer so two at one sweep. I had the beetroot leftover in the fridge. I had baked it in the oven a couple of days ago. Also packed, cooked beetroot from the store is great for this dish.
I made the dressing from tahini, lemon juice and nutritional yeast flakes. It is my favorite dressing for salads, because it is tangy and delicious. I made it in my little blender. But with some muscle action you can shake it in a top-screw jar.
I hope you like this bowl as much as I do. Have fun making it!
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 g (1/2 cup) quinoa
- 1 head broccoli
- 250 g (3 hands full) oyster mushrooms
- 2 bulbs beetroot, cooked
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a blender or shake in a top-screw jar.
- Slice the beetroot, cut the broccoli into florets and clean the oyster mushrooms. Juice the lemon, chop the parsley and press the garlic.
- Cook the quinoa with double the amount of water and some salt for 10 minutes, then turn off the stove and let well for another 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking place the broccoli in a steamer above the quinoa pot and steam it.
- In a pan heat the oil and sauté the garlic in it. Then add the mushrooms, pour over the lemon juice and season with salt. Fry for a few minutes until the mushrooms browned. Stir in the parsley.
- Arrange the quinoa and broccoli in two bowls. Add the beetroot slices and oyster mushrooms and drizzle the tahini dressing over.